Friday 8 June 2012

Thoughts while watching Tangeled

I remember having a discussion about the content of school required reading with one of my high school teachers once. I felt that it was ridiculous that we had to read such depressing novels. He told me that we should read things that were equal to reality. My stance was, and still is, that if reality is that bad, why the heck would we want bad endings in our books. I only like books that end with happy endings. And that really end. Same with movies. I am a true pessimist who always expects the worst in my life. I prefer to be pleasantly surprised than horrifically disappointed. but I love happily ever after. That's why I love Disney and Pixar so much. Lessons with a positive twist. No wonder kids that only ever read at school learn to hate it. Pick better novels!

No comments:

Post a Comment