Thursday 21 June 2012

Family is what you make it

I follow a few blogs, all mothers, and love to catch up every day with how their families are. All are the normal mum, dad and kids families (although three of the six are mothers of triplets) and I think of how normal, yet different my family is. I grew up with my Mum, Dad and sister, Bea. Paul grew up with his Mum, Dad, brother and sister (also named Bea). Yet now we live with his parents and sister, so dimentions have changed, with Pauls brother and wife living south, and a frequently visiting cousin. All of this has made me conclude that family really is what you make it. My sister flats with two girls and hangs out with a group from her church. They are her family. The Koreans, Chinese, Iranians and South Aficans at my parents church are their family. My family is a nuclear family, as in we explode when we come together. There is a lot of love there, but we function better living in different parts of the country. On a side not I am bloated, and need to pee all the time, and hopefully that means pregnancy. But since I have the world smallest bladder and a sensitive stomach, I am trying not to get my hopes up. The disappointed feeling will be great enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment