Thursday 7 June 2012

Anxiety

I suffered from severe anxiety while in my final years of high school and at university. It was crippling and painful, and for the most part I thought it was normal. When I finished university, I decided to take a break from the strenuous work of that profession, and work in retail for a while. I figured that things might brighten up if I didn't care about my job. It didn't quite work like that. Although I can leave my work behind when I go home at night, I am challenged everyday with customers, suppliers and stock decisions. For the most part I enjoy my job. I work with great people and I like how every day is different. But there are times, like this last week where suddenly a whole lot of work appears with a very short deadline. My anxiety starts to flare up. I panic. I procrastinate. I get severely grumpy. And my husband gets it all at home. The separation between home and work becomes blurry. That is the character flaw I'm currently working on. I figure I should take it one flaw at a time. No need to overwhelm myself even more. The point is, I don't want to be that person again. Anxiety is not a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment